My Dukan Diet Diary – Week 2
So week 2 saw me move from Attack to the Cruise Phase during which I decided to alternate one day of protein only (PP) with a day of protein and vegetables (P+V). I find this cycle makes PP days more bearable as you can always look forward to the following day in terms of food variety and flavours.
The week has passed so quickly I haven’t even had the time to notice I was on a diet! Unfortunately, not everything has gone according to plan but the damn number has gone down after all!
This Week’s Stats:
Weight at the beginning of last week: 80kg (176.3lbs)
This week’s weight in: 79.6kg (175.4lbs)
Weekly result: -0.4kg (0.8lbs)
Weight loss to date: -3.6kg (7.9lbs)
Still to lose to reach target weight: 12.6kg (27.7lbs)
Key Learnings of Dukan Diet Week 2
- More balance between vegetables and proteins: I was so happy to finally be able to eat vegetables that I think I went a little trigger happy. Although I wasn’t expecting to lose as much as I did during the Attack Phase and after all I am relatively happy with this week’s weight loss, I am wondering whether the amount of vegetables consumed somehow influences the weight loss rate. I remember reading on some Dukan forum that, even on P+V days, vegetables should only take up a third of your meal with the other two thirds of protein. Does anyone have any advice on this?
- I need to set myself some fitness objectives: The week started in a very positive way and, as I’d mentioned in last week’s post, I was all ready to start going to the gym regularly and exercise at home using the Wii Fit. Unfortunately, after 2 awesome cardio workouts, work and life in general got in the way and, before I knew it, it was the end of the dieting week and I hadn’t done anymore exercise. So I have decided to set myself weekly fitness goals (which you can see below) in the hope that this will help me be more focused.
Star Foods Of Dukan Diet Week 2
- Homemade frozen yoghurt: I’ve never really had a sweet tooth but the Dukan Diet seems to have brought out the worst in me. In a search for a healthier option to ice cream, I came across a few articles on how to make homemade frozen yoghurt and, after an incredibly laborious attempt at making it without a machine which took over 4 hours, I bought this £20 ice cream, sorbet and frozen yoghurt maker from Amazon which does a fab job in less than an hour. If you fancy giving it a try, you can grab the recipe for this Dukan-friendly homemade sugar-free fat-free frozen yoghurt.
- Goji berries: I’d heard of goji berries for a while but never really bothered trying them. However, in an attempt to avoid using multivitamins if I can, I decided to give finally them a try and discovered that they’re not bad at all and they’re perfect for a small snack or something sweet after dinner! If you want to find out more, take a look at my blog post dedicated to goji berries.
Objectives For Next Week:
- 3 cardio workouts of at least 1hr followed by strength training
- 1 swim session
- 1 Wii Fit session
- more balance between protein and vegetables on P+V days
- monitor whether I am actually drinking at least 1 ½ litre of liquids everyday
I’ll hopefully have some good news to share with you in 7 days’ time in My Dukan Diet Diary – Week 3