Dukan Diet foods
For all those who are considering starting this diet, I thought it would be useful to provide a list of all Dukan Diet foods that are allowed during the Attack and Cruise Phases of the Dukan Diet plan.
Because this diet is based around eating high-protein foods, you will see that the vast majority of the Dukan Diet foods below is either meat or fish, however the great news is that there are no restrictions in terms of quantities and you can eat as much as you like throughout the plan.
In addition to protein-rish foods and once you have reached the Cruise Phase, the Dukan Diet also allows pretty much every vegetable you can think of with the exclusion of potatoes.
For further information on all stages of this diet please take a look at my What is the Dukan Diet plan? page and if you need some inspiration in the kitchen please don’t forget to check out our Dukan Diet Recipes.
Pick and choose from the Dukan Diet foods below and good luck with your journey!
Meat (Attack and Cruise Phase)
- All lean meats including beef, veal, chicken and turkey (skin-removed), rabbit and game, cooked with no added fats
- Offal such as kidney, liver and tongue
- Pre-cooked ham, chicken, beef, turkey and turkey ham slices
- Low-fat turkey bacon
Fish and Seafood (Attack and Cruise Phase)
- All white, oily, smoked and canned (but not in oil) fish including cod, salmon, sardines, sole, sea bream, tuna, mackerel, haddock, halibut, plaice and trout
- Crab and crab sticks
- Prawns and shrimps
- Squid and calamari
Vegetable Proteins (Attack and Cruise Phase)
- Plain Quorn
Eggs (Attack and Cruise Phase)
- Hen’s and quail eggs
Non Fat Dairy (Attack and Cruise Phase, 1kg daily allowance)
- Skimmed milk
- Cottage cheese
- 0% Fat Greek yoghurt
- Fromage frais
- Cream cheese
- Fat free natural yoghurt
- Favoured yoghurts (unlimited quantity within the allowance)
- Fruit yoghurts (maximum 2 per day, should be avoided during Attack or periods of weight stagnation)
Allowed foods not included in the book (Attack and Cruise Phase)
- Shirataki noodles
- Sugar-free jelly
- Goji berries
Vegetables (Cruise Phase)
- All types of salad leaves
- French Beans (Green Beans)
- All types of cabbage
- Celery and celeriac
- Carrots, Beetroot but not at every meal