Lemon Chicken Skewers with Dill and Parsley Dip
Ideal for a mid-week dinner, these lemon chicken skewers served with the Greek yoghurt dip are one of my favourite low fat chicken recipes that work a treat on PP days. The recipe itself is fairly versatile so that you can really add or remove ingredients for the marinade as you wish. The trick is just to leave the chicken to marinade long enough so that the meat can absorb the flavours.
Stuck for lunch ideas? Make 2 or 3 extra skewers, store in the fridge and enjoy with a nice mix salad or as a oat bran galette filling the following day for lunch.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
3 large chicken breasts
For the marinade:
The juice of 1 large lemon
1 red chilli, cut into small pieces
1 large clove of garlic, sliced
1 centimetre cube of fresh ginger, sliced
a handful of fresh coriander, chopped
For the dip:
250g of 0% fat Greek yoghurt
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives
½ teaspoon of paprika
salt and pepper
Let’s get cooking
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl
2. Cut the chicken breasts into chunks and add to the marinade. Mix thoroughly, cover with cling film and leave to marinade in the fridge for at least half an hour. For best results leave for over an hour
3. While the chicken is marinading, prepare the dip by mixing all ingredients above in a small bowl, seasoning with salt and pepper, then set aside in the fridge
4. Thread the chicken cubes onto the skewers and cook under a medium grill for approximately 25 minutes until the meat is cooked through
5. Serve with the dill and parsley dip and enjoy!